Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sporadic nordic

I have been slacking with this thing lately, I don't know that I've posted much in the last few days apart from some scattered narratives, but then again I never said this would be a daily blog.

A few things have been happening around here lately that I would like to share, first and foremost, I get to meet my nephew for the first time in a couple of days. My sister flew home with him last week. The wife and I are going to be driving up on Friday for a couple of wonderful days to see them. Its going to be a long drive home, not that a 6 hour drive isn't easy to handle, the problem is I'm going to be getting off a night shift at 7am, and we'll be hitting the road at 2pm.

Have I mentioned how much I miss being in Cape Breton? If there could be one place that I could be right this very moment (that wasn't home in bed with my wife) it would be in Cape Breton. It really wouldn't matter where exactly I was there, just as long as my feet were touching the soil. There is something relaxing about the Cape, that I just can't quite put my finger on, the only thing that I'm sure of is that it comforts me.

~~~~

The other thing that happened which is fairly important. There was a death in our family recently. It was a welcome addition to our family when it arrived a few months ago. Being tiny was to its advantage as it could climb into the smallest places and wait. It had the cutest little orange stripe running down its front, it would basically glow when it was happy. I'm going to miss my external harddrive and all of its wondrous contents. This will give me an opportunity to clean out most of the crap that I've been pack-ratting on it.

RIP External Drive

~~~~~

I have this sudden creative urge to write. These last couple of days I've been finding more and more that people who do the same thing that I'm doing, end up getting book deals and write scripts. Now, I'm now where near saying I write as good as them, But I think it would be really, really cool if at one point that it could happen to me too.

When I came to work today I pulled the two shells of stories that I have been working on out of my other bag and tossed them in with my laptop. It would be nice if I could get the changes that I have marked on the pages completed so that I can continue working on my draft and eventually publish it (probably on my site) for everyone to read.

.... It would be cool though.... I have many dreams, but lets just find out how much ambition I have.

2 comments:

Amanda Yates said...

Death in the family eh!!!!!! If I was ever joking that you were a MAJOR nerd.... IM NOT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!! You are an absolute nerd... the nerd of nerds.... a death... it is a hard drive...... oooo dear... I think some intervention is needed.... SOOON

hehe love you

Unknown said...

Did it not die? And we've had it for so long that we've treated it like family. It works in my mind.