Friday, November 16, 2007

Destination Unknown....

or known, as I know where I am travelling to.

So, tomorrow is going to be a giant whirlwind of an adventure. The sun will be barely rising over the horizon when I will be climbing into bed after a long night at work.

The main goal will be to become extremely well rested so that the drive to Cape Breton in the early afternoon will be as pleasant as possible. Judging from the past few days I think we should be doing alright to dealing with my crankiness, well that is until we hit the causeway then I can't guarantee that I will be at all pleasant. I feel bad for my wife, I really am going to try my hardest to be not cranky at all.

The other goal will be to see how long I will be on the Island before I order pizza. There seems to be a running family tradition that involves quickly ordering pizza from the local pizza shop immediately upon entering the house. My brother currently owns the record for pizza consumption for eating 7 pizzas over a period of 8 days when he was home a year ago. Personally, I'd enjoy beating that record while being home for 3 days, but I don't know that my wife and wallet will let me do that. Too bad really, its good pizza.

The best part about the trip will be to see the scenery that we'll get to see along the way. Driving along the water through the highway in Cape Breton, though it'll be dark well before we reach the island though.

There are only a few more hours to go until I am finished work for the day, and its an extra special night as well because its the last night shift for the next 3 weeks. (Thank frig.)

I have reached the point of no return right now where I'm rambling and talking incoherently while blankly staring at the corner of the screen with a semi-glazed look in my eyes. This would be a perfect time for some RedBull if it wasn't 5am.... mmmm caffeine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like your blog title.