Thursday, November 29, 2007

Official Retardation...

I have just recently come up with a fantastic idea for the names of our children, my wife isn't that thrilled but that will be discussed in a minute. Typically people find a name that they like and they stick to it, most of the time to the displeasure of their significant other.

My wife and I have been pretty amicable when devising names for the children we haven't conceived. Normally, the names we come up with are standard names, Zachary, Stephen, etc. I sometimes like to stray from the norm and suggest names that I find cool like Vladamir. Its a really strong name, I can't help it.

I'm generally not a fan of my name, Albert, you know it does kind of suck. But then again, when I have an idea like this I warm up to my name even more.

The world knows I'm a dork, and I want my children to know I'm a dork as well. What about naming them after me? That is generally a noble tradition that has been handed down for generations of wealthy people in the past. How can I take that tradition and geekify it?

Albert , version 2.0 - That is what I will name my first son.
Albert, version 3.0 - will be the name of my second child.

I mentioned this to my wife as a humorous note to see how well she'd take it. As you may have guessed, she didn't share my enthusiasm for the venture.

Until I can win her over, I'm going to slowly rename our cats from Puddles and Jacques to Cat 1.0 and Cat 1.1.

Ah, the life of a dork.

No comments: