Wednesday, November 21, 2007

70-290...

I'm moments away from writing my first MCSE exam for the company that I'm working for. And I'm nervous as F@CK. I don't know why I'm so nervous, more to the point I don't know why I'm writing the Microsoft exam in the first place, other than its required for all employees in my position.

I'm 2 days away from wiping out both windows installations on my home computers and installing Ubuntu Linux. I'm tired of denying myself the pleasure of using something thats free and doesn't require me or prompt me to validate or prove that I own the system. Screw that.

I recently saw a blog that was part of the Blogs of Note - PureDistortion who holds a Red Hat linux certification, which in all honesty has more appeal to me than the Microsoft stuff that they're making me write here. I might talk to my boss later on and see if they'll let me become Linux certified.

Nerves suck. They make you forget things. Such as my lunch, and my security pass. Which are both sitting safely and securely on the counter in my apartment. (Though, I've made a plan to run home after I've finished my exam to get them without telling any one.) The other thing about nerves is the fact that they make you doubt yourself, personally I'd like to know as I'm going along, question by question which ones I got wrong and what the correct answers are. This shit about getting the exam mark back at the end, thats just a waste of time for me. I want to know which ones I got wrong.

Alright, time to do some cramming.

T-Minus 1 hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your exam goes well.

Unknown said...

The exam did go well actually. I scored a 914 out of 1000. Which isn't too bad if you asked me. The funny thing, within an hour of finishing my exam my boss gave me my new exam deadline for the next one that I have to write.