Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fallen in a hole...

I seemed to have fallen off of the planet lately. I guess that would explain the lack of content and updates to my site as well as the lack of sleep... scratch that. That would explain the 10 hours of sleep a night and the feeling of utter exhaustion.

This past weekend we moved into our new apartment, which wasn't very far from our last place, two doors up to be exact.

I guess that explains the aching muscles and sore joints from going up and down the stairs two-hundred times or so. Though the only blessing that we had was the fact that we had our dear, little hatchback. This weekend we essentially treated it like a small pickup truck, carting boxes, odds-n-ends, and anything else that would fit in it up the road. Its getting a good rest now thats for sure.

The great thing is we managed to get our bed up the stairs (after nearly having to sell it when we moved in), as well as a few of the larger items that wouldn't fit in the car, outside and over to the new place before the rain started. Although we did start to move the last of the items as it was raining.

As the rain started my friend Stephen and I took a little break to chat and drank a beer to wait out the rain and move more things. I was even nice enough to give my landlord a beer while he was putting up some of the hardware on our cupboards. I felt bad though because Stephen wouldn't let us give him a drive home in the rain and instead wanted to bike home in the pouring rain.

The new apartment is totally amazing. I'll take some pictures to post tomorrow sometime (if my brain recovers) to share. The painter is coming back tomorrow to fix up some stuff that he screwed up the first time, now the only problem that I can see with that is I'm going to be want to sleeping when he's there and thats going to piss me off if I can't sleep. Jerk better be quick fixing up the bedroom or I'm going to be pretty peeved....

No comments: