Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New gadgetry

Music: Alec Empire - 22:24

I recently bought a new SLR camera, I've been drooling over getting one for about 3 years now and I have never been able to muster up the courage (read: cash) to purchase one. It wasn't until recently that I've been comparison shopping online to find exactly the one that I was looking for.

There were Sony 12MP and Nikon 14MP that were fairly reasonably priced, but for some reason my attention has always turned towards buying a Canon SLR. Don't ask me why as I have never picked one up or used one, heck most of the time when you get to a store to look at a camera all of the batteries are completely dead anyways.

About a week and a half ago, I finally caved. I had some extra money left over from tax season and put it towards some thing that I should have had when I did the wedding photos for a step-cousin-in-law.

When you get a camera, whats one of the first things that you take a picture of:

* family member?
* pet?
* loved one?
* your own face?

I took a picture of my face and had the image saved as a *Raw* photo so it wouldn't be compressed and distorted. I can tell you that on my right eye brow (because I cut off most of my face) I have 3 red hairs. Oh so much fun....

see here

No comments: