Friday, May 23, 2008

Contact

Music: Ministry - Supernaut (not the cool Reznor version)

I totally forgot to mention this the other day (like last week when it happened).

While I was in Brunei in April I had the opportunity to order some CDs from a very well deserving artist in LA (Abby Travis). I had heard her work a number of years ago and had recently discovered a few of her songs while prowling around the Internet.

To make a long story short. I ordered all of her cds (3) and awaited their shipment. About a month had passed and I was beginning to wonder what had happened to them along the way as I had gotten notification from the payment company that the order had shipped before May.

To my surprise last week I had gotten an email about it. Initially I thought it was from an assistant, or the payment company. NO. It wasn't.

I had actually gotten an email about the order from Abby herself. How cool is that? Turns out that the address had been marked incorrectly and returned to her. So she was putting it back in the mail. So cool.

Have I mentioned that I'm a loser?

This is why I prefer to buy music directly from the artist, I know that they get all of the money and you get cool stuff.

The last order I had made (from KMFDM) I had actually ordered early enough to get an autographed copy of the CD. Every band member had signed the booklet. How often do you see that now? Did I pay extra for the autograph? Nope. And the price included a t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need to start this!

Unknown said...

oddity: the coolest thing about the whole experience is that she offered me a free t-shirt because of the mix up.