Saturday, May 3, 2008

Brunei, Day 12, April 27

April 27, 2008

I actually managed to go shopping today. Puah went and took me to town because I wanted to buy a Football jersey that I had seen on my first day in the country. I was expecting to start the bidding at $40 and knock them down to $25 or $30, but all of the good bartering shops didn't have a single Manchester United jersey in the store.

Actually, I couldn't find a store that sold jerseys anywhere in Gadong.

After hitting up 7 stores looking for jerseys we finally decided to go to “The Mall”, thats the name of the mall in town. Seriously.

We walked around the mall and found on the 3rd level a little sports store in the back corner. They actually had a jersey, it was XL. Which I frowned up as it appeared to be too large when I thought about it, I tried it on and it fit great.

I proceeded to walk around the store a bit to get my bargaining face on, she took the shirt from my hands and said in her Chinese accent, “Twenty dollars.” I'm thinking, “You're shitting me!? Sold!”

The rest of my night was spent in front of the computer working on the notes for my training session that starts tomorrow. I really dislike doing training sessions, I'm much more of an

No comments: