Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why don't people listen...

when I tell them things.

Case in point:

A colleague asked me if I had worked with a piece of software before.

I honestly answer him: probably not in 2 years.

For the next 3 days I'm barraged with questions of:

"Do you have these files?" (I've never been involved in the project.)
"Am I doing this right?" (I don't know, I've never done it.)
"Do you have these other files?" (Seeing as how I didn't have the first ones, I doubt I'm going to have the next ones.)

Edit: Now I get it. I'm being asked because the employee before me used to work on this project and software so they figure that I'm inheriting knowledge

2 comments:

Tink said...

Wow. If you could figure out how to do that (inherit knowledge), you'd be RICH. I'd love to learn all the things my boss thinks I should know... Like, how to do HIS job. ;)

Unknown said...

I don't know if I'd be rich, but I'd probably end up being more annoyed with the people that I work with. I like not knowing somethings... sometimes.