Friday, June 13, 2008

Fuming!

Music: Autechre - Further

I didn't realize until a few minutes ago that it was actually Friday the 13th, normally this doesn't bother me. And today isn't any different. But there are other things that are on my mind...

At work I am mentoring another person, basically I assist them with their daily tasks, provide guidance and leadership, you know... essentially I'm the Big Brother. Our boss told me to do this the moment I came back in the doors in January, I took the responsibility on with open arms as I used to do this as well with another co-worker.

Except today. I was apparently the "asshole". Let me explain, yesterday afternoon he was sending a message to a client when I left, so I came in this morning and read the message. Everything was fine.

He arrived at work, and I said to him.

Me: "Why did you ask for this? Did the original problem get fixed?"
Him: "No."
Me: "You should ask him for this log file just to make sure that you can verify that its not a problem before asking for something else."
Him: "I just didn't. I don't need you to tell me what to do."

(a few moments later, he turns around...)

Him, very angrily: "Why are you always reading my requests? I never read yours, I never asked you to."
Me: "I was just trying to help."

He was pissed, so how in my attempt to offer him some advice, I offended him, hardcore.

I cooled myself down because I was about ready to punch out his lights for being such an ass. I quickly emailed my boss about something else that had come in through the email and then briefly mentioned the altercation to him, within about 30 seconds he called me into the office to find out what was going on. I didn't want to have to report this, but lately things just don't seem to be working out at all for him. I mean the training class that he gave a few weeks back was a disaster in the clients eyes, and now this.

Things don't seem bright.

No comments: