Monday, June 2, 2008

Neglectful

Music: Alec Empire - Ice | Alec Empire - Robot L.O.V.E.

Where has it all gone. The time has passed unbelievably quickly the last few days and I honestly don't have any idea what I did to make it go by so fast.

The only thing that I do know is:

1. I found a buyer for my old camera.
2. We're giving a spare TV to a friend.
3. At some point, we're giving that same friend a laptop.
4. I have an uncontrollable urge to write.

A few years back, probably 4 now, I started writing a story. Since that point it has blossomed to close to 40 pages with 10 or 12 more pages of edits that have yet to be added.

I don't remember any more why I started writing it, only that I have been neglecting it for the last two years. I was talking with an old friend from high school today when we began to discuss some of the writing projects that we've been neglecting since the last time we talked. (Prior to this the last time I spoke to her was close to 6 months ago)

We got on the subject and I began to think about this story, which I aptly named The Lumberjack. Yes, it will be a cheesy, 80s throw-back slasher with a bit of a twist. I was going to use "campy" but then realized that a mysterious stranger terrorizing campground would be a little redundant actually.

I'm going to spend some time this evening, before my wife comes home working on some of those edits. When she does get home I"m going to force her to watch AVP: Requiem again because its awesome.

No comments: