Friday, June 6, 2008

Musicology

I've been on a strange music kick lately, ranging from distorted electronic beats to independent cabaret rock. Here are my two vices of the last month:

Abby Travis - artist from LA who does a great set of Lounge Rock with a piano. She's actually playing base for the Bangles at the moment while still producing her own albums in her free time.

Holy Fuck
(home) - an electronic band from Toronto, with some members from close to my home town. They will probably never gain mainstream attention because people aren't allowed to say "Holy Fuck" on live television. Though, MuchMusic (the MTV equivalent in Canada, though 1,000 times better) recently started playing their music in the middle of the day.

Two completely different sets of music, yet I've been binging on everything that I can find. Its times like this when I had atleast one ounce of musical talent so that I could do 1/8th of what other people do.

Go check them out and leave me your opinion.

*jealous*

No comments: