Monday, June 16, 2008

Nostalgic Weekend

Music: My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Sexy Sucker

This weekend was fantastic, went and did something that I haven't done in years, along with two things I've never done.

First. The thing that I haven't done in ages: Went to the Drive In!! Yes, there are still places in the world that have driveins. We were driving back from visiting a friend and were driving to the in-laws when we spotted it from the highway. We drive by this place every time we go to the in-laws, but that night I wanted to go.

We saw You Don't Mess with the Zohan and Made of Honour (yes, I'm Canadian and I put a U in there, deal. :) )

Second. Something I've never done.... made out at the Drive in! Yeah, I'm a loser...

Third. The other thing I haven't done. Attended a big press release for a launch of a sculpture.

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/326869 (I'm hoping the link stays active for a while)

The artist is my uncle-in-law, he's done alot of work in the area over the past few years. And we're very proud of him as he's been getting alot of work over the past number of years. The subject of the scupture is John Peters Humphry who was instrumental in the creation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. I didn't realize he had grown up in such close proximity to where I'm currently living.

1 comment:

Tink said...

I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a little kid. I remember them being really cool though. Unfortunately, here, they went the way of the dinosaurs. :(