Monday, October 27, 2008

Lazy and/or Stupid

Music: TKK - Jet Set Sex || Radiohead - Just (Live)

What is it with people? And by people I really mean the younger generation who are just entering the work force or have been for the last couple of years? I've found over the past couple of years that they just are not the reliable as employees or students for that matter. I've gone to school with people fresh out of high school who had a hard time focusing on the task at hand, let alone trying to figure out what they wanted to get out of the course.

I've had to work with people who are alot younger than myself, and trying to teach them things gets to be a big chore when you discover that they can't listen to the things that are important to their job. Instead they twiddle their thumbs in their mind and nod every 45 seconds to make it seem like their paying attention.

Its like everyone from their generation, age range, small genetic pool has undiagnosed ADD. Or they've been experimenting with Ritalin as a recreational drug and its messed up their attention span. In either case...

Are they stupid? Or just lazy?

  • Who calls in sick an hour before their shift? And then quits when asked to come in or find someone to cover.
  • Who calls in sick twice during their first week of work?
  • Who quits on the spot when they get flustered that there's going to be an inspection?
  • Who spends a good portion of their day on their cell phone in class or at work?
  • Who spends most of their time programming their laptop to turn off when they should be answering the request thats in front of them? (At least if I'm doing personal stuff I try to do it on my work computer. :)
And that brings me to my final point: when did I turn into such a bitch?


Onto other things. I got my awesome glasses on Friday. I'll post a picture sometime. The important thing to remember is that they're black frames with "racing stripes" down the arms. So. F*cking. Cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd vote lazy. Most of them probably aren't used to having responsibility, they've been "taken care of" for so long.