Thursday, October 16, 2008

F**king Oil Industry

The price of oil is currently hovering around $70 a barrel, somewhere it hasn't been since the summer of 2007.

I'm currently paying $1.10 a litre for gas (about $4.19 a gallon) which isn't reasonable, but a nice break from the $1.30 we were paying a few weeks ago.

I have a very efficient car (42/32 mpg highway/city) but I'm still finding myself filling up the tank and cringing everytime that I do because its slowly destroying my budget.

I'm all pissed off now. (I would like to thank the charting feature at GasBuddy.com)

The last time that Oil was this price I was paying $0.95 a litre for gas. Thats alot of money when I fill my tank, almost $8 extra I'm paying when I fill my tank from empty.

How fucking fair is that? Asshole regulators are screwing me.



4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh man, when I first started driving, I remember seeing a gas station that was .56 cents a gallon!!! I seriously doubt it will ever be that low ever again.

Unknown said...

Wow, thats cheap. Thats like uncomprehensible. How old are you? 90?

When I started driving it was 50 cents a litre.

Carolyn said...

No I'm only 24. It was when I was 17 that i saw a gas station that low. It never happened again.

Unknown said...

Really? I thought you were just making that up. It makes me sick.

What makes it worse is the fact that I'm watching a show called House Hunters where a young couple, mid-20s are looking for a home thats "under a million". WTF!?