Tuesday, October 7, 2008

7 Weird & Strange things about me

Rose over at Writing is my Therapy wrote a post and didn't tag anyone with this, so I'm taking it upon myself to write my own response. Here are the 7 things about me that might scare little children and the faint of heart.

  1. I'm shy. So shy to the point where I won't talk to someone if they're in the elevator with me. I am currently employed as a Customer Service Technician for a software company and give training to corporate customers and goverment officers. I hate every minute of it.
  2. I've got a terrible short term memory. I have a hard time remembering what a colleague and I spoke about while I'm returning to my desk. Often I ask them to email me what I'm supposed to be looking for or researching so I don't have to get them to do that later.
  3. I dislike the crowded feeling while being in a big city. I hate walking around trying not to bump into people, or waiting 5 minutes to get onto the highway from the onramp. That just annoys me to no end. But I have dreams of living and working in a big city in the near future to further my career.
  4. I've got a strange liking for heavy metal music that involves things called "death growls" where the singer basically growls into the mic. Don't know why, but it intreagues me.
  5. My monitors at work are guarded by a troll, a knight and 4 ninja turtles (that i got at McDs). My desk at home is guarded by ugly figures that I've picked up on trips (or family has gotten for me.)
  6. I spent many hours practicing folding my tongue in high school. I managed to get it to fold in threes, but I never could top Jenn's ability to get 5 folds. I will continue to try.
  7. This is the 5th or 6th blog that I've ever had. And the only one that I've kept for longer than 4 months.
This is much, much harder than I thought. I almost gave up and turned this into "the 3 wierd things about me because I'm too lazy to come up with 4 more."

I won't "tag" anyone to do this because, well, I don't know who reads it. So, do it on your own and tell me about it.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It's good that you have a job that forces you to break out of your shell. Great list!

Unknown said...

You think that its a good thing? I'm sure that someday I'll appreciate the experience, in the mean time I'm glad that you're positive for me.