Thursday, July 17, 2008

Worst Day Ever!?

Music: The Klaxons - Magick

Today has just been one of those terribly aweful days which just kept getting worse as it progressed.

For starters:

I discovered that most of the music on my computer wasn't playing, it would play fine in one type of player but not in the one that I use the most often. I went to my second most favourite player, still not quite. Some more would play but others were still messed.

We went to our usual spot for breakfast. I got the usual, noodles. It was terrible today, the sauce that they normally put on the noodles just wasn't cutting it. It was salty and thick.

Then we got to work. I've been working on a way of getting two servers to communicate nicely so that our end users won't have much to worry about. We're deploying this for an IT department and lets just say that my mother has more of an IT sense then they do. In a meeting they were worried about something, which is a fundamental part of IT. If they had some intelligence then they'd know the answer and wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I've spent all day tearing my hair out of my head trying to get these two servers figured out. And nothing. Not a fucking stitch.

After about 7 hours I decided to work on my MP3 problem as a bith of a change in pace. I randomly decided to re-install the software for my sound card. Voila! Done! Sweet.

After another hour of face on desk, I decided to start fresh, for the 13th time that day to make sure the settings were all correct. I copied information from one location to another and made a couple of setting changes like I've been doing all day long.

Then, out of nowhere, instead of typing out the URL I pasted it from one location to another when I found the problem.

ALL fricking day long I've had one server trying to connect to the wrong location. There are two lines in a file that I needed to modify, one was correct, the other not.

Everything on the web is case-sensitive, which means connecting to http://www.example.com/mapLocation is different from http://www.example.com/maplocation

I realize that absolutely noone gives a shit about this, but I figured what the hey!

No comments: