Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dreaming a little dream...

Music: Mandalay - Not Seventeen

After reading an inspirational post this morning that was written sometime in the last few weeks I figured I'd share something that I keep seeing in my dreams.

Reality.

You may ask how I can see reality in my dreams if they're in a dream. Have you ever had a deja vu experience? The moment something happens can you pin point the exact time and place when you experienced this before? I can.

For some reason, every once in a while I will dream something but I won't remember any of it when I wake up. There is only a momentary recollection of shapes and objects, just enough for me to question what I was dreaming of. After a few moments pass and my mind has had a chance to fully wake up, all of the tiny memories of the dream are erased.

I might be walking down the street when I have a momentary flash, think of it like Ted (of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure) standing in your head saying, "Whoa!".

Its at that point in which the dream comes flooding back to me, and I begin to put the pieces back together.

There was one time I was in my friends yard playing baseball, I threw the ball and my friend swung at the bat.

While he was swinging, I saw him hit the ball to the right and hit my other friend in the face.

Then he hit the ball, and to my astonishment, my other friend got it in the face.

Most of the time, there isn't as much detail when the even happens. There are times when I just get a sense of being there and watching it all happen as if I were someone else, which is nowhere near as exciting.

Its really hard to explain how it happens or what it feels like when it does happen. The only thing that I really know is that it doesn't happen as often as it used to. At one point I was experiencing it once or twice a month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! This has been happening to me so much recently!

Unknown said...

Isn't it freaky? I forgot to mention that I almost fell off my bicycle one day because of this.

Carolyn said...

Hey maybe your clairvoyant? I really do think that dreams are very telling. I’ve had that happen to me a few times, dream something and then have it happen in real life. It’s very freaky.

Unknown said...

I thought about that too. If only I could channel even just a portion of it I could open up my own late night 1-900 service like JoJo the psychic.

Do you get JoJo in the States? Probably not...

Wait, I don't need to be clairvoyant to have my own service.