Saturday, December 15, 2007

Realizations...

of a sort.

Normally I don't post links to other sites on the Internet but I found this today and I can't help but continually reading the little dots. If you've ever wondered about American foreign policy over the years this will shed some light on interesting things that have happened. Some of the items highlighted I knew about (Saddam's funding for war on Iran after the leader of Iran went crazy after being appointed by the US). Take a look I'm sure you might find something you've not known before.

Here's something a little more light. Basically, its a random bit of IT buffoonery over the years as reported by various Techies all over the world.

---

As an update from my last post. My recent installation of Linux over the weekend*. Went surprisingly well, I managed to get Ubuntu Linux installed, configured and setup correctly twice in that time frame.

Twice!? You may be asking. Let me explain.

For some reason my laptop would seize up and after unplugging the power and booting again the OS would be completely dead and beyond repair, thus warranting a re-installation.

For the couple of days that I had my laptop setup I absolutely loved the environment that I was working with Ubuntu is a fantastic place for anyone to start their use of Linux. The only downside that I have found was the fact that my wireless was not properly detected and installed, which I was expecting and had researched ahead of time.

I may give the re-installation another opportunity during my next set of Days off, but I may hold off until after the new year and my next Certification exam has been written.




* it was my weekend, your mid-week

No comments: