Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving Forward

Things are starting to get a little real around here.

This morning my wife sent me a list of people to contact/call/email/text when she goes into labour and again when she has the baby. Is it really getting to be close to that time? I don't even feel like we're ready for a baby to come into our home yet, there are too many things we wanted to get done first.

The room needs another coat of paint to tone down the overload of colours. I need to buy the dinosaur rug and hide it from the mother-in-law. We need to find a stroller & car seat.

What's going to happen when we finally have the baby and bring it home?

There are too many questions left unanswered, but so much time has to pass until I get to hold her in my arms.

The baby countdown is on.... and I'm gonna start to panic....

2 comments:

cuddles said...

*grin* You're going to be a great dad! Even when I brought BB home, I had no idea what to do with him. You just take it one minute at a time. If she cries, feed her. If she's wet, change her. If she's sleeping, don't move! ;o)

Can't wait to meet your beautiful baby girl! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sure I'll be a fine over protective and ultra embarrassing father when they're older. Its this whole baby stage that has me freaked out... I just pray that I'm not the one to drop her the first time.

I'm sure she'll be equally as excited to meet you.