Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What the F....

cuk!?


I opened my eyes this morning after my nice refreshing sleep, I glanced over at the clock to see what time it was. To my utter horror I had discovered that time is mocking me. Every now and then, without realizing it, Mother Nature and Father Time get together to frolic in the bushes. When they do that the whole world goes to hell. Disco? Their fault. 80s Hair bands? Their fault. My last girlfriend? Their fault.


If you notice any bizarre occurrences happening in your life, things that normally otherwise wouldn't happen. For example, a lapse in judgment causes you to buy purple socks to go with your brown pants, something that you normally wouldn't do; you can totally blame that on their fornication.


Back to this morning. What I discovered this morning was that not only was I a little chilli, I also discovered that it was 6am and I was AWAKE. Normally, this is the time I get up when I go to work for 7. But today is a special day, it was my day off, and I'm up!? How the hell did that happen? I lay there watching the ceiling, listening to the cats run around the apartment chasing each other, listening to the annoying clicking noise that the ceiling fan makes as it spins on it pre-determined cycle, and counting the minutes down until it was a reasonable time for me to get up. One last look, after what seemed to be an eternity, to check my progress is when it happens. I glance over and see 5:58. What the hell!? Time didn't go backwards did it. I squint my eyes hard and try to focus on the the digits. To my relief Father Time had finished in just enough time to set the correct time, it was really 6:12. Phew. I still had a lot of time to go.... and many more annoying things to listen to.

No comments: