Sunday, October 28, 2007

Motivation

lacking the proper words.

Today I am totally lacking any kind of motivation for anything at present. I have lots of ideas of things that I want to say, write about and document but there seems to be a complete lack of words going through my mind right now its kind of funny actually.

I started something this morning actually, a small little paragraph about my drive to work and how driving while exhausted just isn't as much fun as it used to be when I was 'younger'. I'm not the same kind of person that I once was, there was a time when I could stay up all night and function more or less as a normal part of society on about 4 hours of sleep. Now, I'm lucky if I can keep my eyes open after having only 6 hours of sleep. Whatever happened to those days? The days when there wasn't a care in the world and there was nothing holding you back? Oh right, I apparently grew up and joined the real world.

If there is something to be said about my current line of work, its this: working night-shifts has really started to make me appreciate those people who work full-time nights and raise children. I have the utmost respect for those people who can balance that and still function.

But I digress, I guess I was originally going to mention how much you mind can play tricks on you when you are experiencing some serious sleep deprivation, but I suppose I already proved that already with the scatterbrainedness (and made up words) of the post. Personally, I love being sleep deprived somedays as it leaves your other senses heightened trying to catch the things that the rest of you just may miss.

With that I will get back to sleeping with my eyes open....

No comments: