Monday, October 22, 2007

Things that go bump...

in your head.

Sitting in the car today I was looking around the road at the lights near my house when out of the corner of my eye, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I quickly snapped my head to the right to see what was moving when I saw the tiniest little thing running across the road. The blurry shape didn't stop moving for what seemed like an eternity, scurrying this way and that, finally coming to rest on top of the front steps a of a little grey house. Perched on the top step like he was the king of the world was a chubby grey squirrel.


Staring off into the darkness, the squirrel was trying to determine the level of danger in the area. Unaware of his surroundings he tore off into the darkness underneath the step.

What was a squirrel doing up this early in the morning? I didn't know that they started their work day the same time that I did. He could have been coming home after a long night of heavy drinking. A little over ambition never really could hurt anyone, especially a little squirrel who needs to hide his nuts. You never know what those tricky guys are up to....

As I drove away, I kept checking in my rearview mirror to see if I could see the brave little squirrel. I wonder if I'll ever see him again. As the house gets further and further away the squirrel leaves my mind and floats off into the darkness.

Yeah, so I'm full of crap. I made that shit up.

No comments: