Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What the hell happened....

Music: Bond - Remixed :: Get Set Go - I Hate Everyone.

Yesterday was such a horrid day. Lets see where it all started to go wrong.

About 2 am I woke up with a terrible stomach pain for an unknown reason. I lay awake listening to my wife sleep (read: snore and grind her teeth) [She'll kill me for that.] I took this opportunity to do something fun at 2am that I haven't done in a while. ...

Watch trashy tv.

I flicked through all of the channels we have. From 1 - some ungodly number. And couldn't find a single thing that qualified. I settled on something on the Discovery Channel about horses, or dogs, or maybe even Jojo the dog-faced boy. It was 2am and I was mostly asleep.

All of this constant flickering lasted until about 3:30am.

I was awake and bored. Severely bored.

I walked to the back room and sat down in front of the computer and listened to music and surfed the Internet for some interesting videos on youTube. Nothing.

4am approached and I figured that since I was supposed to be at work in a few hours, I should go to get some sleep if I were to have any chance at being productive at all.

Cut to Noon: I noticed that one of the processes we have running on the server has been malfunctioning for a few months without any one noticing. I spent the rest of the day trying to determine the cause of the problem.

Cut to 3pm: This is where I was "clusterfucked" (my boss' words, not mine).

Background information: This coming Saturday I'm going to my sisters wedding in Mexico. We're going for an entire week of Sand and Surf. And most importantly, relaxation.

Back to 3pm: Surprise meeting. The new Project Manager decides that he needs to get the project they've been sitting on for 11 months started before the deadline. He tries to book me a trip on the 10th of April to go. Thats in the middle of my vacation, screw that.

He then convinces my supervisor that its a great idea to send me on the 15th of April to the location. He already knew that I wouldn't be getting back into town (and the country) until the 13th.

Who the hell does that to someone? Making them fly literally half-way around the world less than 48-hours after getting back from another trip....

I wasn't impressed, and I'm still not impressed because the stupid script *still* isn't working.

Cut to 5:30pm: I get back to my desk after the meeting and notice my counterpart has gone home. I quickly wonder if he actually did the task I told him to do. I knew the answer before I even logged onto the server. He didn't.

*Throws head on desk and screams*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.