Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brunei, Day 2

April 18 ,2008

Up at 5am, I think the jet lag finally hit me, either that or its that f*cking cock (rooster) outside “roostering” in the moring. (What is it that you call the really annoying noise that they make when the sun comes up? I prefer to call it “roostering”.)

Worked until 8pm installing software on the training computers, how did that happen? We had a few small issues with the installation of the metadata software but both Jenny and Roy seemed very willing to help out, and very helpful.

Lunch at Chinese place. Very good. (That will be the description for all of the food that I will have eaten here.... except for the Top Yam soup, that wasn't good.)

Had a very typical Government meeting regarding the Data and some of the things that we require for the application launch. The first was data requirements, what they wanted in the launch for temporary access for the public, a naming convention (they couldn't make a decision and then asked us to.). We also requested some information from them (as of April 30, we still didn't get anything.)

RN asked me to speak about some of the setup that we had for the FME portion I began speaking and about ½ way through I froze and forgot everything that I was going to say and the other items that I needed to cover. I should have had notes. I felt like a giant ass.

Supper at a Chinese place there were a lot of stray dogs walking around near the restaurants, very sad. I wanted to take them home.

Offically: Chinese food in Canada sucks.

No comments: