Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Funny things....

that I find amusing.

music: The Shins - Turn on Me & Holy Fuck - Safari

Three funny things that have happened since I started back at work:

1. I realized how neglectful I've been of this blog. I will attempt to rectify this in the near future.

Why is this funny? Because, everyday when I show up to work, while I'm surfing the internet on my break at lunch I think of really important things that I need to share with people. I formulate exactly what needs to be said and how I need to say it and then I completely ignore putting anything down. Its like I'm thinking that everyone will just read my mind and assume to know what I'm talking about and thinking. Yeah, if only I was so lucky. Wait, that would be a bad thing....

2. That we're actually going to my sisters wedding in Mexico. Not really funny, but its important. I'm still undecided on whether or not we'll tell people or let them find out on their own. Its funny because I called my sister, which I never do and should call her more, to tell her but she was out having some food. So, I left a message. She gets home and hears that I called and immediately telephones.... her twin. Why? To find out if I called her because she swore that my wife was pregnant. Why not call me to find out why I called? Though, I can't say much, I'd have done the same thing.

3. While driving to an AWESOME holiday vacation in Cape Breton my wife decided to have fun with me in the car. She began demanding that I call her by a special name that I had called her once before. Now, I call her many things, Sweet Pea, Honey Muffin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie, Jerkhead, Ass-Munch. Basically whatever I'm feeling like at the time. She had something in mind that I had use about a year and a half ago. I don't remember what it was anymore.

We spent 6 hours in the car driving to my mom's house and an hour of that trying to guess what she was thinking. I gave up and decided that she needed a new pet name that would be special and NEVER EVER used for anyone throughout time. I took two things that I was looking at and called her "Road Tree". She looked at me kind of puzzled and continued to sing to the music.

About 20 minutes later I asked her if she wanted to do something maybe stop for a bite to eat or I could have been tickling her, she looked at me sternly and said, "Road Tree says NO!" I near killed us I laughed so hard.

No comments: