Friday, January 2, 2009

Its The New Year

Music: Korn - Twist

I figure I would start the new year off by getting back to this again. I like writing, I like sharing opinions on the world and my current surroundings, the problem is finding the time to actually put things to the keyboard. I should develope some sort or mechanism where I can blog from my mind.

I'm sure I could find a few takers. :)

Lets start with the obvious, what are some of my "resolutions"?

  • Stop smoking. Done. (I don't smoke.)
  • Cut pop and sugar out of my life. (Well after the tub of gummy "things" is finished at work.)
  • Start paying down debt. (To coincide with this: cancel credit cards)
  • Save for a home.
  • Start paying back student loan.
There, thats some of the goals that I have for this coming year. They're mostly simple things, and more importantly: things that I know I can accomplish. I always found it funny that people would reach for the sky when I was younger, people would tell me what they wanted to do and it would be these obscure things that they knew they couldn't finish.

Why do people do that to themselves?

I'm not really sure what my favourite resolution that I've heard over the years is. I'd have to think of that one for a while.

*****

A fellow blogger (here) went through the top songs on their iPod, I thought it was such a great idea that I would do the same thing. Turns out my musical taste is so varied that my top song has a play count of TWENTY. What the heck!? I've listened to 27,000 songs over the past 2 years (I use a site called Last.fm to track my music habits).

I need to be a little more obscessed with songs. (The list is slightly different than that appears in my iTunes, if I have a song twice in iTunes I have two counters, last.fm will track it once).

Regardless, here is the top 10.

1 Rammstein – Sehnsucht 20
2 Funkstörung – Untitled 18
2 Elysian Fields – Lady in the Lake 18
2 Arcade Fire – No Cars Go 18
5 Primus – John the Fisherman 17
5 Kerli – Walking on Air 17
7 Blur – The Universal 15
8 Buckethead – Untitled 1 14
9 Buckethead – Untitled 4 13
9 Die Krupps – To the Hilt 13
9 Lily Allen – Smile 13
9 Elysian Fields – Off or Out 13

I'm very surprised that the Kaiser Chiefs song "Never Miss a Beat" isn't on this list, but its only got a count of 11. Maybe next time. ;)

Here is the counter from Itunes:

13 - My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - Dimentia 66 (Grayarea's Loaded on Lincoln Mix)
11 - Unter Null - Desire
11 - Butt Trumpet - I'm Ugly and I don't know Why
11 - Get Set Go - Suicide
11 - Kaiser Chiefs - Never Miss a Beat
11 - Kerli - Walking on Air
11 - KiEw - Gabriel
11 - KMFDM - These Boots Are Made for Walkin
11 - Nine Inch Nails - My Violent Heart
11 - Tegan & Sara - Time Running

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Happy New Year! I like your resolutions.