Friday, January 16, 2009

F*cking Cold

Music: Modest Mouse - Float On

Its bloody fucking cold out today. Like -34 degrees Celsius  (which is -29 for my American friends). Thats cold enough to give you frost bite within 2 or 3 minutes of over exposure. Don't forget about the windchill too, that makes it even fucking colder!

Get this, in the Arctic today is SEVEN degrees outside, in the fucking arctic. How the hell does that happen? The arctic is a thousand miles north of here and its bloody warmer up there than here. 

To make matters worse I went to work today wearing a short sleeve shirt. Normally I'm the kind of person who wears shorts around the house in the winter because I'm just a perfect temperature, I'm shivering at work right now because I'm just that cold. Its really not a good day to do just about anything.

I feel bad for the cats at home, I hope I left them some heat on today, I'm sure the heat will kick in enough for them to stay warm, they do like to cuddle though.

On a side note, and a bit of good news to get back in from the cold. We're buying a house.

A real, house. Well, a mini-home (what some people to the south call a trailer, but it doesn't have wheels so it really doesn't make sense). Regardless, my wife's friend got offered a job a month ago in another province and needs to sell her home quickly, so she's giving us an amazing deal on it. 

We're really stoked to be finally done renting and throwing money in someone else's pocket. We've been doing that for years now, and we've got nothing to show for it, apart from empty pockets. We take possession the first of February and will spend a week cleaning and moving boxes before taking the furniture and beds to officially move in. 

We're really surprised that we can get this house since our old mortgage lady, who we'll refer to as C1 kept telling us that we had too much debt for our income. We went to see a new lady and everything was perfect regarding our debt, it really didn't make much sense how we can go to one extreme to another with everything like that.

Woo! Now to build a fire under my desk to keep warm.

No comments: