Monday, March 3, 2008

Guess what I bought....

music: Slick Idiot - Let it Rain (Remixed by B-Audio)

So, today, I have officially ordered cool shit online. No, I didn't order any of the cool geeky stuff I posted back in December. I bought music, actually, offically bought music.

I read today that Nine Inch Nails recently (Saturday) released a new set of albums of instrumental music online, they made the first one available via thePirateBay to download for free. Whats the catch? There are 36 songs in total, which can be bought all together for a total of $5 from their website. I'm waiting for my confirmation email now so that I can download the tracks tonight.

I think this is how music should be made and distrubuted. Who buys CDs anymore? Really the only point to them is to have the artwork and lyrics, which are typically all available online anyways.

Go, buy the album, download album, let the record companies know that we can actually function without them.

No comments: